top of page

Frequently asked questions

Q: What should I expect the weather to be like?

A: Weather in British Columbia can vary hugely depending on the season and trip selected. Our Chilcotin expeditions run in high summer only, to guarantee as pleasant an experience as possible. As a general rule, starting in May and June the rain dies off, returning for mid-September to the end of October before AMA closes operations. We may however, expect to see any weather on the coast, at any time of the year. A rain jacket or packable poncho is always recommended.

Q: Can I request a Booking Package?

A: Yes! We have an extensive booking package dedicated to addressing all of your questions, concerns, and needs, before and during your trip. To request one, please contact us via email!

Q: I have several dietary restrictions & specialties, are you available to accommodate these?

A: Here at AMA we believe your activity shouldn’t be restricted by the foods you eat. Please fully complete your booking information package to let us know of any dietary restrictions so we can accommodate your needs. If you have any specific questions please contact us!


Q: I don’t have much motorbike experience. Can I still join a trip?

A: Of course! We have a wide selection of trips and workshops catered to all audiences, and if you have any questions regarding them, please don't hesitate to contact us! A Motorcycle Driver's License valid in BC/Canada is required, or an International Motorcycle Driver's License. 

Q: I don’t have a valid motorcycle license. Can I still join a trip?

A: Unfortunately not. All our trips require a valid class 6 motorcycle Drivers license. While we 

do not provide licensing options, our knowledgeable and experienced friends with the 

Vancouver Island Safety Council (VISC) are definitely able to help you out ! 

Q: What is the best time to see wildlife?

A: All of our trips are scheduled according to peak viewing times for most species throughout the duration of Amaruq's summer season. For more information regarding sightings, please contact us!


Q: How old do I have to be to participate in a trip or lesson?

A: In order to participate on an AMA trip, we require a full, unrestricted motorcyclist's license. In British Columbia, this means 19 years of age.

Q: What does AMA provide while on trip?

A: Amaruq provides a number of items to help with ease of packing and transport. Accommodation in shared rooms, meals (B/L/D), motorcycle guides and additional ferry tickets if required as part of the activity. Bring our own motorcycle or rent a motorcycle from our fleet (optional fees apply). Please note  AMA does not provide helmets, motorcycle clothing, fuel or alcohol on trips nor do we pay for speeding tickets for individual riders. For workshops we provide basic tools and offer group campsites at no cost.  

Q: Will I be able to charge personal items on trip?

A: All Guides carry with them the capability to charge small, personal items such as Smartphones. If you are hoping to recharge your camera batteries, we recommend a small portable charging bank. 

Q: What do I need to pack to ensure a comfortable trip?

A: When you have booked your trip, a full information package will be sent to you, complete with a list of every mandatory and recommended item. Please note our space is limited if we are not traveling with a support vehicle. As a general list however, we ask that you pack clothes and rain gear for riding and in camp, something to do whilst relaxing in the evenings, general camp craft such as a flashlight, and, of course, your camera!

bottom of page